When’s the last time you visited a site and immediately greeted by a chatbot?
We do the majority of our shopping online and prefer not to be bothered by a salesperson.
Chatbots seem very impersonal, but the last thing you want is to be hounded by customer service while you’re browsing.
This is much different than the retail experience where employees usually greet and ask if you’d like any assistance. Since retail has been dying stores have taken a different approach and tend to let shoppers browse on their own now.
The bottom line is: customers are educated and want the freedom to do things themselves; they’ll initiate support if needed. Between reviews and recommendations online platforms such as Amazon and Walmart are self-service e-commerce sites.
There’s evidence that Millennials spearheaded this movement, but with the convenience of home delivery it’s generation-wide accepted.
As a business owner the shift that needs to happen is creating a sales free process. That doesn’t mean eliminate customer service completely, but make the buying transaction as efficient as possible.
For example, with the online SAT/ACT prep company I own, this student profile form collects the same information an initial phone call would. It offers parents the opportunity to input the information on their own time without having to talk to anyone.
Chatbots aren’t destroying customer service, in fact they are enhancing it by allowing the shopper to reach out when they are ready. Self-service is the wave of the present and companies must adapt or die.
Collaborative post – may contain affiliate links
One of the most underrated aspects of business is high-quality content. This can cover a huge range of different components in your business, and in this article, we’re going to be discussing a couple of the most important ways to use original high-quality content.
What Type of Content Could Your Business Use?
The word content can be rather vague, but in most cases (at least, when relating to businesses) it means any kind of writing, video or photos that can be consumed by your audience. Here are some examples of content that you should always ensure are of high quality.
- Product descriptions – When adding products to your business, their descriptions, specifications and any additional information should always be professionally written so that they convert leads into paying customers.
- Blog posts – If you’ve attached a blog to your business, then all of those blog posts need to be relevant to your business in some way and written to a quality standard. You don’t want amateurish writing attached to your business, which is why it’s important to focus on quality over anything else.
- Press releases – A press release is going to be publicly seen by many news outlets and industry influencers, so make sure you hire a professional service to write it for you unless you have talented writers at your disposal.
- Website news – Any news post on your website should be able to excite existing customers and pique the curiosity of new ones.
- Social media posts – Despite Twitter being focused on short-form writing, it’s still important to structure your social media posts.
- Guides – Any tutorials or guides that are written for your business should be relevant to the products or services you create. For instance, a guide on how to use a certain product you release is greatly appreciated, assuming it’s written well.
- Video content – Content doesn’t always need to be written words. It can be videos as well, so make sure you don’t neglect this as an option.
The Benefits of Well-Made Content
The benefits are numerous and wide spreading. Quality guides and videos will draw people to your business. Professionally-written product descriptions will convert far more leads into sales than you could if you wrote them with no experience. In addition, social media posts will help expose your business by improving your online presence.
Finding the Right Creators
Whether you look for the services of an inbound marketing agency or search for freelance writers to help you out, there are thousands of creators out there that are willing to help you bolster your business. Just don’t forget that content can be more than just words on your website or blog. Content can be videos on a YouTube channel and they can also be images or infographics.
In short, don’t neglect to focus on the content that your website publishes. From product descriptions to videos and guides, everything that you publicly show to your audience will be an extension of your business yourself, hence why it needs to be written professionally.