Tips for Getting More Out of Your Marketing Secret Weapon
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the workforce– new businesses, startups, and entrepreneurs burst onto the scene every single day, which creates an environment that has growth and innovation built right into it. Unfortunately, all of that growth also has a downside– markets are also becoming increasingly competitive. How can you make sure that you’re still reaching your audience? What can you do to make sure your message doesn’t get lost in the crowd?
If you aren’t already using mail merge to boost your productivity, let me introduce you to your marketing secret weapon. Even if you are already using mail merge, check out these quick tips to make sure you’re getting the most out of this essential marketing tool:
- Make sure you’re using the best mail merge platform
- Check, double check, and triple check your messages
- Get personal
1. Use the best mail merge platform.
Mail merge has been around for a while now, and there are plenty of mail merge platforms out there to choose from. If you truly want to get the most out of your email marketing, newsletters, and other mass email campaigns, make sure that you select the right tool for the job.
The best mail merge platforms we’ve found have these key features:
- Mail merge with excel
- Mail merge with google sheets
- Works with your favorite email platform (like Gmail)
- Test mode
- Reply management
2. Don’t forget to proofread.
How many times have you caught an embarrassing typo in an important professional email… after you hit send? Your mail merge campaigns go out to dozens or hundreds of recipients, so it’s extra important to make sure you give your message a thorough proofreading before you actually hit send.
3. Find ways to personalize your messages.
Using someone’s name in conversation is a great way to connect with them, and the same principle applies to your mail merge messages. Even if you don’t know the names of the people on your mailing list, you can find ways to draw them into your message. Here are a few of our favorite strategies:
- Address recipients by name if possible
- Include other relevant information you might have (their title, company, city, etc)
- Create a call to action that really draws them in
- Make your message engaging with beautiful images and clear copy
There’s a lot going on in the business world today, which is exciting but can also make it difficult to get your message out there. Boost your productivity and make sure your voice is being heard by taking advantage of these simple mail merge tips today!