Collaborative post – may contain affiliate links
If there is one thing you should do for your business in 2018, it is go green. We all have a duty to protect the environment and to do our bit to ensure the sustainability of our planet. The trouble is that a lot of business owners do not know where to start, assuming that it will be too difficult to do anything substantial. In fact, a few small changes can go a very long way. With that in mind, read on to discover some of the ways your business can go green this year.
- Go digital – One of the best ways to be more environmentally family is to move your files and records online. If you currently keep paper documents, you are going to be wasting a considerable amount of resources. Instead, you can migrate your business to the cloud, and you will no longer rely on endless amounts of paper. Plus, this can be a much more efficient and secure way to run your business.
- Encourage green commuting – How do your employees get to work? Do most of them use their vehicles? If so, you should try to encourage green commuting, for example, carpooling, biking, and walking. Of course, you may need to offer incentives to encourage this, but it is definitely worth it.
- Maximize natural light – There are many reasons why you should maximize natural light. Needless to say, this means that you are going to be relying on less energy, which is great for the environment. However, there are knock-on benefits too. This includes the fact that you will lower your energy bills considerably, and you will boost productivity levels and the atmosphere of your working environment.
- Bring the outdoors in – Have you considered bringing in desk plants? This will bring some nature into the office environment, making it more pleasant. However, it also makes your offices cleaner, as plants improve indoor air quality by producing more oxygen and offsetting any chemicals that are released into the working environment.
- Embrace renewable energy – Green power sources, for example, wind and solar energy, are more accessible than they ever have been. Options range from large-scale wind farm to rooftop solar installations. This means that any business, of any size, has the ability to make the switch to renewable energy sources.
- Start a sustainability team – Another way to go green in 2018 is to create a sustainability team. They will be responsible for raising awareness and helping your company to achieve more with regards to their environmental impact. Projects can range from sourcing green cleaning supplies to creating a more effective recycling program.
So there you have it: some of the easiest and most effective ways to go green in 2018. Follow the tips that have been mentioned above, and you can ensure that your business is playing its role when it comes to protecting the environment. Not only is this helpful for our planet, but it will boost your branding strategy in the process too.